Administration Assistant (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Traineeship)
We are currently looking for an energetic and highly motivated Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Administration Trainee to join our team at Sydney Festival on a full-time basis.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ArtsReady currently has an exciting traineeship position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the arts and culture industry. The successful applicant will be legally employed by ArtsReady, but will work on-site with Sydney Festival and receive an accredited Certificate III in Business qualification (on successful completion).
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the purpose of this role will be to support the development of Sydney Festival, as part of their administration team, facilitating the efficient running of the office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General administrative support in a busy professional environment
- Client and customer relations
- Co-ordinate record keeping and database entry and management
- Answering phones and assisting with customer enquiries
- Communicate with a range of stakeholders at various levels
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work outside regular work hours (in regards to the lead up to and during the Festival – extra hours worked will be compensated)
The successful candidate will receive:
- National Training Wage Award + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fully funded qualification
As a member of the AFL SportsReady team, you can:
- Earn the national training wage while you learn
- Take the first steps of your career in an industry of your choice
- Obtain on-the-job training and essential work experience
- Complete a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate II, III, & IV)
- Entry to our University partners + course credit (Diploma – conditions apply)
- Be supported every step of the way
Indigenous trainees can also benefit from the following additional support services:
- One-to-one Indigenous mentoring
- Gatherings and Indigenous networks
- Leadership and cultural awareness workshops
- Motivational speakers
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action is by virtue of a section 126 exemption granted by the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW.
Applications for this position will close: Friday 27 April 2018, 5pm and must include:
- A tailored cover letter
- An up to date resume / CV
To learn more and apply visit the ArtsReady website here.